Thursday, July 29, 2010

Here’s a fun, kick butt workout…no gym required.

You’ve probably heard me say this a million times (so I’ll say it again)…

You’ve got to keep your workouts fresh, fun, new and exciting, otherwise there’s no way you’re going to stick with them. They also MUST be realistic and coordinate well with your lifestyle.

Here’s what I mean…

Let’s say someone said to me that the only way to get in shape was to go to the gym at exactly 7am every morning for at least an hour or more. Well, thank goodness that is not the case because 7am is just about the worst time for me to workout (that’s when my son wakes up), the gym is not very easy to get to on most days (did I mention said son is 11 months old?) and I do NOT have over an hour to spend at the gym (I mean, who does, right?).

Now what if someone said that there are an endless number of ways that you can get in shape, at whatever time of the day is best for you and you can do your workouts at a gym, at home or anywhere that is convenient for you? That sounds like something that would actually work right?

Lucky for me, I never have a shortage of fun workouts to choose from to keep my exercise plan new and exciting. Fitness authors from all around the world have been so generous as to share their books and programs with me for my review and when a good one comes my way, I’m always happy to share it with you.

But the last one I got comes with a bit of a funny story…

I received an email from a guy by the name of Scott, asking me if I wanted to read and try out his new fitness program. Sure, why not? I’m always up for something new.

Well, when I opened up the file he sent me, a wave of fear came over me…TACFIT Commando? Who does this guy think I am? GI Jane? He’s clearly never met me…short, petite, new mommy who wears heals at every occasion.

I was actually a little intimidated to say the least. This just didn’t seem to be something I could handle. It looked like something army recruits would be doing, not something little ‘old me could do.

But, hey, I’m willing to try anything once and as long as I didn’t have to perform this in public, who cares how embarrassing or wimpy I looked.

Well, let me tell you, not only was the workout something I could definitely handle, it was super fun, yet challenging at the same time and was all done right in my living room. I think what made it so enjoyable was that it was totally different…a completely new way of training that I’ve never done before (and I did feel a little like a tough momma there for a second…that’s right, don’t mess with me.)

And the best part was I did the entire workout in 30 minutes and didn’t need any equipment at all. How’s that for simple?

Here’s to kicking butt!

No comments: